Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Truth About "i"

When you want to be taken seriously, you need to communicate as though you care to be taken seriously. When you type "i" when it should be "I" -- you look uneducated and lazy.

What is so hard about capitalizing the letter "i"? When I type about anything where I refer to myself, I capitalize "I". I don't cut corners and try to "save time" by not hitting that shift key. Never has the thought crossed my mind to not use the shift key when appropriate.

Besides proper sentence structure, punctuation and grammar -- capitalizing "I" shouldn't be overlooked or underestimated. Perception is the only reality online and how you type will reflect on you -- good, bad or indifferent. Why not take that one extra step and hit the shift key?

If you have an education -- use it.

No comments: